At present the FIEP consists of the following members:
- Gendarmerie Nationale, France
- Arma dei Carabinieri, Italy
- Guardia Civil, Spain
- Guarda Nacional Republicana, Portugal
- Jandarma, Turkey
- Koninklijke Marechaussee, The Netherlands
- Gendarmerie Royale, Morocco
- Jandarmeria, Romania
- Gendarmeria Nacional, Argentina
- Carabineros de Chile, Chile
- Gendarmerie Forces, Jordan
- Lekhwiya Forces, Qatar
- National Guard, Tunisia
- National Security Forces, Palestine
- National Guard, Ukraine
- National Council of the General Commanders of the Military Police and Military Fire Corps, Brazil
- National Gendarmerie, Djibouti
- National Guard, Kuwait
- Gendarmerie Nationale, Senegal
How to become a Member of the Association
First, the interested Force Commander presents an official request to the FIEP Presidency.
Then, several steps are undertaken as follows:
Representatives are invited to present the Force, its status and its missions during one of the Commissions.
Then, an evaluation team composed of several members of the Association, performs a “fact-finding mission” in the candidate Force.
This team proposes a recommandation on the opportunity to welcome the candidate in the Association.
If the Senior Council agrees on the admission of the Force, it is granted the Observer status for a one-year period (minimum), in order to verify the structural similarities and institutional affinity of the force.
After this period, and upon decision of the Senior Council, the Observer becomes full Member.